Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Mumford and Sons!

Last night was the Mumford and Sons concert here in Wellington! I was so excited to go, some of my friends had tickets to the Black Keys also in Wellington, so I headed off to the Town Hall after work by myself to get there early and stand in line ^_^ Upon getting in and purchasing my concert t shirt (eeeee!!!!!!) I immediately headed in to claim my sport up front by stage. One good thing college has taught me is how to stand up in the same place for a very long time, so the 2 hours until Mumford and Sons took stage went by quickly and painlessly. 


The stage looked really cool, and I was excited to be in the Town Hall! Lots of historic events have taken place here, cool to be in the same presence. 

The first band, The three B's, this quirky little kiwi band, were pretty good. They had nice harmonies and the girl played the trumpet! very cool. 



Two super drunk chicks pushed their way into the front at this point, and me along with the mom and her two sons, and the nice couple to my left, got them ejected. Worth it! 

The second band, Sarah Blasco, was very strange. Aussie, she had a very dark bluesy sound, kinda reminded me of the new lead singer in the group Nightwish, but also of that kind of seemly happy but oddly dark music in the sims when you were in the building stage and decorating the house. Anyone remember the sims? Some of that music was underlyingly creepy. Anyways, after all of that, Marcus Mumford, Finally! 


(end of Little Lion Man) 






At one point they came out front, turned off all the mics and speakers, and just sang. It was beautiful. 






The Cave, encore performance!




They were honestly so much better live than their CD. The acoustics in Town hall were great, I had such a good time there. Look mom, earplugs! 

I took a couple videos but am pretty sure they're too big to upload here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment