Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Dockside days and Goodbyes

Well its been long enough of me being back here that I should update about the goodbyes and my last days in the beautiful NZ. Its been difficult to readjust to the time here and I have found myself getting to bed around 3:30 am and up around noon each day. It doesn't help that the days are much shorter here, the sun setting around 5 pm compared to almost 9 in Wellington. As per usual, temporary life change depression is occupying the majority of my days. Being sad from leaving such a wonderful place and a schedule I'd grown to love and being thrown back into a different life at a different time where nothing is clean and organized and I have to stress about it. At least everything is unpacked and sorted now *deep breathes* But mostly I just want to be left alone to think and reflect, or sleep.

Its been so great to catch up with everyone stateside, being able to text again on a touchscreen and not having to scramble for internet at work or the library. Here are some highlights from my last days in Wellington.

UPDATE: I have fixed the google doc link if it was not working before. Also, I got my luggage ^_^


Last week of work, I got a pinwheel.



I had a good list of things I wanted to do before I left and one of those was going up to Mt Vic again for the sunset. Kelly was nice enough to drive me up there so I would not have to walk, She was amazing that we'd picked one of the only non gale wind nights to come up and watch it. It got chilly pretty fast, and even though Wellington sunsets usually aren't the best, it was nice to look out all over the town that I'd spent my last 3 months of life in. Beautiful clouds, but it started to get too dark to see anything or photo pretty quickly.


Thursday night was my goodbye, we all headed to Havana Bar after the meeting, what a cool place, and a great kept secret of Wellington. It was a bit small though for our large group, so we ended up over at Southern Cross again, outdoors with heaters and big booths, can't beat that.




That awkward trying to get the whole table in the shot thing...

Friday afternoon Pania and I decided to do that thing that everyone talks about doing but usually doesn't do, jumping into Wellington Harbor. It was a back and fourth joke that turned into a "you're going to do it? alright. I'm going to do it too!" It was pretty breezy out and we actually had a considerable crowd of tourists interested in what we were doing. I'm sure we'll end up on a whole slew of Chinese vacation albums...


The Warf..






Kelly was nice enough to count us down... and we decided to hold hands so that we both actually jumped, haha. The water was not as cold as I had thought it would be, but immediately a whole bunch of salt went up my nose and mouth and was quite disgusting. We were shivery, but happy. The french boys are next! 

Saturday, all the goodbye photos started. 



Sandra took me to the airport for my flight and Kelly met us there, we hung out in style. The Wellington airport is such a cool place. It was done half vacation like and half middle earth for the Hobbit premiere. 






My last delicious coffee until I can get back... 



A glimpse at the Hobbit plane at Auckland Airport, on its way to London to load up with fans for the premiere.


Annnnnd back at LAX. That big thing in the middle. Uhg, I hate that airport so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment